Thursday, April 22, 2010

I finished my second chemotherapy on Tuesday. Yea! I am half way through. It has been a blessing to not be as nauseated as last time. I am still very tired and not feeling my best. God is always good though. I was able to give another cancer book away to a woman who is in a whole lot worse situation than I am in. Hopefully, she will read about the joy of knowing Jesus.

Last weekend, some wonderful friends let us use their beach home for 3 days. It was such a blessing to relax and enjoy the beautiful ocean that God has made for us to appreciate. The fresh air was just what I needed.

Now, I am getting used to wearing either a hat or a wig. It is a very humbling experience to lose my hair. The Lord is teaching me a lot about loss, pain, and discomfort. I am hoping to help other women go through the same kind of experiences I am having as He brings them into my life.

Thank you for praying for me. Every prayer means a lot! I Peter 1:3 says, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."

Diane

2 comments:

  1. Phoenix prayed for you tonight! Know that you are loved and thought of and prayed for all the way around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I missed seeing you yesterday at church. I heard the hair is dark and lovely and you look like Naomi and that's always a good thing!

    Thank you for your update, it is good to know how you are doing so we can join with you in prayer. I'm sure there must be moments of exhaustion physically as well as spiritually, when you share in His suffering. I pray specifically for you in those times as Jam 5:11 says "We count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy". We love you and pray for you very often.

    ReplyDelete